Silversphere Internet Marketing Services for Senior Living eBook Download

SILVERSPHERE: THE AGING & CHANGING LANDSCAPE OF SENIOR CARE May 29, 2014

The U.S. population is growing older and the landscape of senior care is changing. This inevitable truth is forcing the entire senior living industry to begin thinking differently about 'tomorrows' seniors. At Silversphere, we recognize that we all have an important role to play in the changinglandscape of senior care.We have an opportunity to reinvent, innovate, and make better the ways of caring for seniors and communicating with families. Tomorrow's seniors have a longer life expectancy, a stronger desire to age-in-place, and a greater knowledge and reliance on technology. This aging and changing landscape is not our responsbility to manage, it is our opportunity to develop.

Be sure to take a look at the infographic below for a visual picture of just how much aging and changing is ahead.


By the year 2050, the Administration on Aging estimates the 65 and older population will over double from 40.2 million in 2010 to 88.5 million seniors by the year 2050. That means in 2050, 1 in 5 Americans will be 65 years or older and 85% of the total U.S. population will be dependent on the remaining 15%. In 2050, the senior popluation will be the most diverse it has ever been and according to the Alzheimer's Association, the number of seniors living with alzheimer's and other dementias is expected to rise from 5 million in 2010 to 16 million by 2050.

THE AGING & CHANGING LANDSCAPE OF SENIOR CARE

Check out Silversphere's ATMOS Life Safety Systems to learn more about how we can help you be proactive in your care and prepare your community for tomorrow!